This says that there is no snmp daemon running.

> here is my snmpd.conf:

> trapsink localhost

> trap2sink localhost

> informsink localhost

Why do you want three copies of every trap? I don't think this does what you think it does...

What you should do now is inspect /etc/init.d/snmpd to find the path to your snmpd. Then do:

/path/to/snmpd -Le -f localhost:8161

See if that runs or gives you a better idea of why the agent is dying during startup.

HTH,

Mike