--===============1179894270==

--0-1019224800-1205317369=:32747

Dear Mr.Dave,
Thanks for your answer.

The trap is using for SNMP Ping. I could able to change the destinaiont port number using trap2sink. Thats working well for 161 or 162.

The source port number is chosing as random. But i must set as explictily as 161 (In my case its important). Please give me some information.

Thanks
Raju

Dave Shield wrote:
On 12/03/2008, Nagaraju Surulivel wrote:
> But i want to set a soruce & destination port number as 161. I set the
> destionation number using trap2sink xx.xx.xx.xx:161 public

Why do you want to send SNMP traps to the standard port for
information requests? (GET/SET/etc). That would normally have
an SNMP agent running on it, which wouldn't be geared up
for processing traps as well.
The normal port for traps is 162

But choice of port apart, that directive should have worked.

> The receiving port is always 3072.

The receiving (destination) port, or the sending (source) port?

The destination port can be set using the trap2sink directive,
just as you've tried.
The source port is chosen at random, and doesn't need to
be set explicitly. The value of this port is not important.
Don't worry about it.

Dave

---------------------------------

Dave Shield <D.T.Shield@liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:
On 12/03/2008, Nagaraju Surulivel wrote:
> But i want to set a soruce & destination port number as 161. I set the
> destionation number using trap2sink xx.xx.xx.xx:161 public

Why do you want to send SNMP traps to the standard port for
information
requests? (GET/SET/etc). That would normally have
an SNMP agent running on it, which wouldn't be geared up
for processing traps as well.
The normal port for traps is 162

But choice of port apart, that directive should have worked.

> The receiving port is always 3072.

The receiving (destination) port, or the sending (source) port?

The destination port can be set using the trap2sink directive,
just as you've tried.
The source port is chosen at random, and doesn't need to
be set explicitly. The value of this port is not important.
Don't worry about it.

Dave

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i...Dypao8Wcj9tAcJ "> Try it now.