On 11/03/2008, snmp girl wrote:
> warning :no access control information configured
> this receiver will not accept any incoming notification

>From the FAQ entry

How do I handle traps and notifications?
http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.p...pplications_19

..... Starting with net-snmp 5.3, snmptrapd will no longer automatically accept
all incoming traps. It must be configured with authorized SNMPv1/v2c
community strings and/or SNMPv3 users. Non-authorized traps/informs
will be dropped. Please refer to the snmptrapd.conf(5) manual page for details.

> net-snmp 5.4.1
> couldn't open udp:162 --errno2 no such file or directory.

Are you running this as yourself, or as root?
Port 162 is a "privileged port", and can only be used by
processes running as root.

Dave