Dear members,

I am new to snmp. pls help me to write the first program to detect SNMPv2-MIB::sysORDescr.

i used a snpmwalk to get snmp from my computer

here is my command.

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 192.168.162.196 system

where 192.168.162.196 is my pc's ip.

here is a piece of the output from the above command.

SNMPv2-MIB::sysORDescr.1 = STRING: The SNMP Management Architecture MIB.
SNMPv2-MIB::sysORDescr.2 = STRING: The MIB for Message Processing and Dispatching.
SNMPv2-MIB::sysORDescr.3 = STRING: The management information definitions for the SNMP User-based Security Model.
SNMPv2-MIB::sysORDescr.4 = STRING: The MIB module for SNMPv2 entities
SNMPv2-MIB::sysORDescr.5 = STRING: The MIB module for managing TCP implementations
SNMPv2-MIB::sysORDescr.6 = STRING: The MIB module for managing IP and ICMP implementations
SNMPv2-MIB::sysORDescr.7 = STRING: The MIB module for managing UDP implementations
SNMPv2-MIB::sysORDescr.8 = STRING: View-based Access Control Model for SNMP.

Regards,

Nguon