can't compile libsnmp under vs2008 - SNMP

This is a discussion on can't compile libsnmp under vs2008 - SNMP ; I attempting to upgrade my build environment from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008. I have run into a snag in trying to build libsnmp in that a compiler error creeps in: 1>C:\tools\visual-studio9\VC\include\stdio.h(358) : error C3163: '_vsnprintf': attributes inconsistent ...

  1. can't compile libsnmp under vs2008

    I attempting to upgrade my build environment from visual studio 2005
    to visual studio 2008. I have run into a snag in trying to build
    libsnmp in that a compiler error creeps in:

    1>C:\tools\visual-studio9\VC\include\stdio.h(358) : error C3163:
    '_vsnprintf': attributes inconsistent with previous declaration
    1> C:\tools\visual-studio9\VC\include\stdio.h(350) : see
    declaration of '_vsnprintf'

    Since I am not certain how _vsnprintf is used, I'm not certain to as
    the best approach to fixing this. If anyone understands what is going
    on, their advise would be most welcome.

    regards,

    Jon Trauntvein

  2. Re: can't compile libsnmp under vs2008

    On Mar 8, 9:31 am, Jon wrote:
    > I attempting to upgrade my build environment from visual studio 2005
    > to visual studio 2008. I have run into a snag in trying to build
    > libsnmp in that a compiler error creeps in:
    >
    > 1>C:\tools\visual-studio9\VC\include\stdio.h(358) : error C3163:
    > '_vsnprintf': attributes inconsistent with previous declaration
    > 1> C:\tools\visual-studio9\VC\include\stdio.h(350) : see
    > declaration of '_vsnprintf'
    >
    > Since I am not certain how _vsnprintf is used, I'm not certain to as
    > the best approach to fixing this. If anyone understands what is going
    > on, their advise would be most welcome.

    I was able to fix this problem by commenting out the macro that
    defined vsnprintf in net-snmp-config.h

+ Reply to Thread