http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/13297

I'm guessing here, but this may be due to changes in OSX that the devs haven't caught up to yet. If you feel adventurous, try defining HAVE_SSIZE_T.

> I have tried putting on all of the options and even played
> with them a
> little bit and I still can't get it to compile. I have also tried
> going down to 5.3.* and no luck at all.

If I can make time, I'll try this on my 'book - 10.4, IIRC.

> The other thing that I'm trying to find and I'm not able to is if it
> is stall the library with a .a for the static linking for
> programs or
> if it is a .so. If it is .so by default then how to I make it
> a static
> library. I'm working on doing some testing and programming in C with
> SNMP so I really need this to work.

It's been years since I did serious Mac work, but I recall it being .dynlib, or something like that. Try:

$ find /usr/lib -name "[^\.]*\.dyn*"

That should find the answer.

HTH,

Mike