On 27/02/2008, Shreya Shah wrote:
> I am a newbie to net-snmp and Linux, I have configured snmptrapd.conf
> net-snmp 5.3.1 and when I start the daemon I receive traps but its just not
> invoking the trap handler. When I use the command snmptrapd -f -Le
> -Dsnmptrapd -d it just gives me

[snip]

Is that *all* that is displayed?
Even when you send a trap to this receiver?

Because if nothing else, you should be seeing
the raw packet dump of the incoming trap.
If you're not seeing that, then I'd suspect there
might be a firewall or similar, blocking the trap
from being received.

You may need to look at your "iptables" configuration.

Dave