Hello!

I've got a FreeBSD 6.2 server running some tunnels and wanted to start
keeping statistics. I installed net-snmp and am able to poll the system
successfully however not all the interfaces are being picked up.

I have 2 GIGE NICs, and then 500+ GIF interfaces. I always get the GIGE
NICs, but after my first snmpwalk I noticed I was only getting 4 of the
GIF interfaces, and not in any particular order (2,6,11,18). All of the
GIF interfaces are up with working connectivity so I'm perplexed as to why
only a few were picked up. Hours later I revisited this and on a new
snmpwalk, I got only 4 GIF interfaces again, but a different set
(5,9,13,16). I hadn't changed anything in snmpd.conf, nor restarted any
services. All of the tunnels are still up and operational and passing
data.

Has anyone ever encountered this sort of situation?

I'm using NET-SNMP version: 5.3.1

Below is interface output from an snmpwalk against the server. If more
information is needed I can happily supply:

IF-MIB::ifNumber.0 = INTEGER: 526
IF-MIB::ifIndex.1 = INTEGER: 1
IF-MIB::ifIndex.2 = INTEGER: 2
IF-MIB::ifIndex.3 = INTEGER: 3
IF-MIB::ifIndex.4 = INTEGER: 4
IF-MIB::ifIndex.5 = INTEGER: 5
IF-MIB::ifIndex.6 = INTEGER: 6
IF-MIB::ifIndex.7 = INTEGER: 7
IF-MIB::ifDescr.1 = STRING: bge0
IF-MIB::ifDescr.2 = STRING: bge1
IF-MIB::ifDescr.3 = STRING: lo0
IF-MIB::ifDescr.4 = STRING: gif5
IF-MIB::ifDescr.5 = STRING: gif9
IF-MIB::ifDescr.6 = STRING: gif13
IF-MIB::ifDescr.7 = STRING: gif16
IF-MIB::ifType.1 = INTEGER: ethernetCsmacd(6)
IF-MIB::ifType.2 = INTEGER: ethernetCsmacd(6)
IF-MIB::ifType.3 = INTEGER: softwareLoopback(24)
IF-MIB::ifType.4 = INTEGER: 240
IF-MIB::ifType.5 = INTEGER: 240
IF-MIB::ifType.6 = INTEGER: 240
IF-MIB::ifType.7 = INTEGER: 240