Threading is not part of the C standard, but threading with C is commonplace. Some web searching should help you find the details for your OS.

> which makes me believe that the program
> execution will never come out of "continous watcher loop", thereby the
> agent will
> NOT respond to SET and GET requests(I have not checked it yet though),

I would recommend against implementaing a watchdog as part of a MIB. Rather, a standalone application which generates the traps frees you from such concerns.

HTH,

Mike