--===============0434555263==

------=_Part_1829_3991582.1204141080802

Hi,

I am a newbie to net-snmp and Linux, I have configured snmptrapd.confnet-snmp
5.3.1 and when I start the daemon I receive traps but its just not invoking
the trap handler. When I use the command snmptrapd -f -Le -Dsnmptrapd -d it
just gives me

registered debug token snmptrapd, 1
snmptrapd: Freeing trap handler lists
NET-SNMP version 5.3.1
My snmptrapd.conf is :

traphandle default /etc/snmp/traphandler.pl
authCommunity log,execute caltechtrap
logOption f /tmp/traps.log
outputOption n

(traphandler.pl is a perl script which just opens a file and prints)

I have been working so long with this and almost read all the errors on it
still can't figure out whats breaking trap handler.
Would really appreciate if any one can help me.

Thanks.
--Shreya.