--===============0591500501==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8791D.FF5BED89

I have been having problems getting snmpv3 authentication of the
passphrase to work, and I have seen a lot of emails from others with
this problem.

I have found that my problem was due to my snmp libraries being built
for my Linux Motorola system with compilation set for little-endian
instead of big-endian.

This affects the authentication key calculations in MD5.c which uses
#ifdef WORDS_BIGENDIAN to alter the byte reading of key data.

How should I set this define in the build? Do I need to add
-DWORDS_BIGENDIAN to the CFLAGS?

I can see:
ifdef CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN
NET_SNMP_CFG +=3D --with-endianness=3Dbig
else
NET_SNMP_CFG +=3D --with-endianness=3Dlittle
Endif

In the top makefile.

I can't see where CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN is defined or whether it has any
affect on the define for WORDS_BIGENDIAN.

I am building my snmp within a uclinux distribution. The snmp is V5.2.1.

Regards,

Steve McCarthy

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8791D.FF5BED89

charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.6603.0">
snmpv3 authentication failure

FACE=3D"Calibri">Hi,

I have been =
having problems getting
FACE=3D"Calibri">snmpv3 authentication of the passphrase to work, and I =
have seen a lot of emails from others with this =
problem.

I have found =
that my problem was due to
FACE=3D"Calibri">my FACE=3D"Calibri"> snmp libraries being built for LANG=3D"en-us"> my LANG=3D"en-us"> Linux Motorola =
system
with =
compilation
FACE=3D"Calibri">set FACE=3D"Calibri">for FACE=3D"Calibri"> little FACE=3D"Calibri">- FACE=3D"Calibri">endian FACE=3D"Calibri"> instead of big-endian. LANG=3D"en-us">

This affects =
the authentication key calculations in
LANG=3D"en-us"> MD5.c which =
uses
#ifdef =
WORDS_BIGENDIAN
FACE=3D"Calibri"> to FACE=3D"Calibri">alter the byte reading of key data.

How =
should  I set this define in the build? Do I need to add =
-D
FACE=3D"Calibri">WORDS_BIGENDIAN FACE=3D"Calibri"> to the CFLAGS? LANG=3D"en-us">

I can =
see:

ifdef =
CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN

NET_SNMP_CFG =
+=3D --with-endianness=3Dbig

FACE=3D"Calibri">else

NET_SNMP_CFG =
+=3D --with-endianness=3Dlittle

FACE=3D"Calibri">E FACE=3D"Calibri">ndif

In the top =
makefile
FACE=3D"Calibri">.

I =
can
FACE=3D"Calibri">’ FACE=3D"Calibri">t see where FACE=3D"Calibri">CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN LANG=3D"en-us"> is defined or whether it has any =
affect on the define for
FACE=3D"Calibri">WORDS_BIGENDIAN FACE=3D"Calibri">.

I am building =
my snmp within a uclinux distribution. The snmp is =
V5.2.1.

FACE=3D"Calibri">Regards,

Steve =
McCarthy