Hi

My query is regarding the registering of snmp traps

I am referring to link

http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.p...pplications_19

The FAQ says that for writing our own trap handlers

a) user needs to change snmptrapd.conf file to specify the traps
handle using "trapHandle" directive

b) traphandle OID|default PROGRAM [ARGS ...]

c) It also says that the program receives following parameters one per
line

a. Hostname

b. IP address

c. Varbinds

e.g

Following code associates perl script as a trap handler

traphandle default /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/traptoemail -s
mysmtp.somewhere.com -f admin@somewhere.com me@some-where.com

Question:

a) Is there any way, we could associate a C program as a trap handler

b) Is it possible to associate trap handlers using some piece of code
(in snmptrapd daemon) rather than changing the snmptrapd.conf file

Regards

Meghanak kher