Question on SNMP trap routing and Linux - SNMP

This is a discussion on Question on SNMP trap routing and Linux - SNMP ; Hi all,, I wonder if someone can give me a suggestions on how to set SNMP to send traps over a particular NIC or IPaddress. I have a Management server at IP address 10.0.0.1 for example On the monitored servers ...

  1. Question on SNMP trap routing and Linux

    Hi all,,

    I wonder if someone can give me a suggestions on how to set SNMP to
    send
    traps over a particular NIC or IPaddress.

    I have a Management server at IP address 10.0.0.1 for example

    On the monitored servers based on Redhat AS 4.0 I have 2 NICs
    with the HP Management Agents running

    For example

    eth0 on 192.168.1.1
    eth1 on 125.0.0.1

    both NICs are routed to the same Management server via a number of
    routers
    My problem is that I would like that all the traps are sent via the
    eth1 network path to reach the
    Management station. At the moment all the SNMP traps are generated
    from source
    eth0 with an address of 192.168.1.1 and routed to the Management via
    this network eth0. How is it possible to reconfigure SNMP in a way
    that the traps are sent through the second NIC eth1 with IP 125.0.0.1
    instead?

    Thanks a lot for any suggestions
    Predosa24

  2. Re: Question on SNMP trap routing and Linux

    > eth0 with an address of 192.168.1.1 and routed to the Management via
    > this network eth0. How is it possible to reconfigure SNMP in a way
    > that the traps are sent through the second NIC eth1 with IP 125.0.0.1
    > instead?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for any suggestions
    > Predosa24

    Use a static route.