Hee-hee. Thanks Dave, will keep that in mind.

Dave, as I re-read the README.solaris doc I realized that maybe I
misread and that in fact the net-snmpd 'snmpd' daemon still has to run
along side of the Solaris native 'snmpdx' for a net-snmp subagent to
run? In other words, in part 7 of README.solaris, when it says:

7. Using Sun's SNMP daemon and net-snmp together

Net-SNMP may be used as a subagent in conjunction with Sun's snmpdx
daemon.

To do this, you will need to modify several files,
all located in /etc/snmp/conf.

First, do the following: .................................

Our problem is that the customer, who uses Solaris, may not, or probably
won't be thrilled with us having to ship the 'snmpd' daemon with the
subagent (and the net-snmp libs of course) to run our subagent on their
boxes.

I don't expect you guys to perform miracles, Perhaps if snmpdx supported
agentX, would a net-snmp subagent be able to talk directly to that guy
instead of having to tunnel through the net-snmp snmpd daemon? Or have I
reached the zenith here? 00

--

Thanks again for your response(s).
Randy