snmpwalk times out after a few minutes - SNMP

This is a discussion on snmpwalk times out after a few minutes - SNMP ; Afternoon all I have a bunch of Solaris 10 boxes running net-snmp and when I am on the localhost of any of them and I run: [root@fubarbaz]:snmpwalk -v2c -c public localhost .1 It seems to run fine for a few ...

  1. snmpwalk times out after a few minutes

    Afternoon all I have a bunch of Solaris 10 boxes running net-snmp and
    when I am on the localhost of any of them and I run:

    [root@fubarbaz]:snmpwalk -v2c -c public localhost .1

    It seems to run fine for a few minutes then it will time out with:

    Timeout: No Response from localhost

    I have done some searching, but haven't turned up anything yet has
    anyone had this issue and if so did you resolve it?

    Thanks,
    -Stephen

  2. Re: snmpwalk times out after a few minutes

    On Jan 24, 3:04 pm, sunadmn wrote:
    > Afternoon all I have a bunch of Solaris 10 boxes running net-snmp and
    > when I am on the localhost of any of them and I run:
    >
    > [root@fubarbaz]:snmpwalk -v2c -c public localhost .1
    >
    > It seems to run fine for a few minutes then it will time out with:
    >
    > Timeout: No Response from localhost
    >
    > I have done some searching, but haven't turned up anything yet has
    > anyone had this issue and if so did you resolve it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Stephen

    After some digging and testing it seems the issue was the sub agents
    that get started up so if you just comment the last two lines out of
    the snmpd.conf on Solaris10 and bounce snmpd you will be fine.

  3. Re: snmpwalk times out after a few minutes

    I have encountered the similar problem. Is that possible to provide more info about how you solve it? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread