From: dave.shield@googlemail.com [mailto:dave.shield@googlemail.com] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:34 PM
To: Li Yun-w22793
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Help for duplicate object name

On 24/01/2008, Li Yun-w22793 wrote:
> I call the mib2c with this format "mib2c -c mib2c.test.conf

myTestMib".
> In myTestMib module we define a duplicate object with another module.
> All the MIB files is placed in the same dir and the MIBDIRS is
> exported to refer that dir. Furthermore I exported the MIBS as ALL.

So how is mib2c to know which of the two possible starting points it is
meant to use?

Try
a) MIBS=MY-MIB mib2c -c mib2c.test.conf myTestMib
(i.e. don't load the conflicting MIB - just the one you
want) or
b) mib2c -c mib2c.test.conf MY-MIB::myTestMib
(i.e. specify an unambiguous mib object)

That's assuming that your MIB file starts

MY-MIB DEFINITIONS ......

Replace "MY-MIB" with the appropriate name.

Dave