--===============0704071891==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C85E65.4D6CE7DF

Hello All,
=20
I'm working for implementing a new feature for our system engineering
about duplicate object name (not OID). I have searched the
net-snmp-users mailing list archive and got little bit information about
the duplicate object name about SNMP but I need more about it.
=20
>From RFC I can see that duplicate object name can be occurred in

different information module but can not be occurred in the same
information module. I was trying to define a duplicate object name in my
MIB files to make it work with net-snmp, but, it seems the mib2c doesn't
support duplicate object name. It's caused by the mib2c call the
$SNMP::MIB() (Perl) to retrieve object node corresponding information,
for example, subid, parent, oidlength, etc. Because mib2c uses the leaf
object name to retrieve the node and it always returns the same one for
the duplicate object name scattering in different module.
=20
It seems we need to modify the mib2c. Can someone give me more
information/suggestion about it? For example, sharing you experience
about my feature; giving a simple solution you can find.
=20
Furthermore, whether net-snmp MIB tree corresponding source code
entirely supports duplicate object name in different information module?
For example, the IMPORT key word can be used to import correct object. I
took notice Perl SNMP shares the same implementation with net-snmp C
source code to populate the MIB tree from MIB files.
=20
Thank you for your any help.
=20
Best regards,
Yun.
=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C85E65.4D6CE7DF

charset=3Dus-ascii">

color=3D#800000 size=3D2>Hello=20
All,

color=3D#800000=20
size=3D2>

color=3D#800000 size=3D2>I'm=20
working for implementing a new feature for our system engineering about=20
duplicate object name (not OID). I have searched the net-snmp-users =
mailing list=20
archive and got little bit information about the duplicate object name =
about=20
SNMP but I need more about it.

color=3D#800000=20
size=3D2>

color=3D#800000 size=3D2>From=20
RFC I can see that duplicate object name can be occurred in =
different=20
information module but can not be occurred in the same information =
module.=20
I was trying to define a duplicate object name in my MIB files to make =
it work=20
with net-snmp, but, it seems the mib2c doesn't support duplicate object =
name.=20
It's caused by the mib2c call the $SNMP::MIB() (Perl) to retrieve object =
node=20
corresponding information, for example, subid, parent, oidlength, etc. =
Because=20
mib2c uses the leaf object name to retrieve the node and it always =
returns the=20
same one for the duplicate object name scattering in different=20
module.

color=3D#800000=20
size=3D2>

color=3D#800000 size=3D2>It=20
seems we need to modify the mib2c. Can someone give me=20
more information/suggestion about it? For example, sharing you =
experience=20
about my feature; giving a simple solution you can =
find.

color=3D#800000=20
size=3D2>

color=3D#800000=20
size=3D2>Furthermore, whether net-snmp MIB tree corresponding source =
code entirely=20
supports duplicate object name in different information module? For =

example, the IMPORT key word can be used to import correct object. I =
took notice=20
Perl SNMP shares the same implementation with net-snmp C source code to =
populate=20
the MIB tree from MIB files.

color=3D#800000=20
size=3D2>