Now all you need is a puppy... and a more recent version of net-snmp. Why not try the latest (5.4.1), available through that web address up there, and take advantage of all thoose years (?? - the releases info page doesn't give dates) of hard work. I believe snmptrapd was one of the big beneficiaries.

HTH,

Mike

P.S. One of the improvements in that time was Perl trap handlers. Just thought you might want to know.