> On 23/01/2008, Xuan Pan wrote:
>> > ....run a single "snmpgetnext -r 0 -t 6000 ..." query against this

>> agent,
>> > and single step through the routine until you hit this error.
>> > What does the structure pointed to by 'pIndex' look like at that

>> point?
>>
>> Well it is a segmentation fault caused by a 'NULL' pIndex pointer (print
>> pIndex returns 0x1). Sadly, it looks wrong.

> What is the *full* code of:
> - the module initialisation routine;
> - the getFirst hook routine;
> - the getNext hook routine
> ?
>
> Which line of code triggers the segmentation fault?
>
> What is the exact command that you ran to query the agent?

My getNextIpRangeContext function

LPDHCPSETTINGS lpDhcpListEntry = NULL;
LPCHCPIPRANGE lpDhcpIpRangeEntry = NULL;

lpDhcpIpRangeEntry = (LPDHCPIPRANGE)(*loopContext);
if(!lpDhcpIpRangeEntry)
{
DEBUGMSGTL((...));
return NULL;
}
lpDhcpListEntry = lpDhcpIpRangeEntry->parentDhcpNode;
if(!lpDhcpListEntry)
{
DEBUGMSGTL((....));
return NULL;
}
if(lpDhcpIpRangeEntry->next)
{
lpDhcpIpRangeEntry = lpDhcpIpRangeEntry->next;
}
else
{
lpDhcpListEntry = lpDhcpListEntry->next;
if(!lpDhcpListEntry)
{
return NULL;
}
lpDhcpIpRangeEntry = lpDhcpListEntry->lpDhcpIpRangeHead;
}
snmp_set_var_value(pIndex, (u_char *)& lpDhcpEntry->index, sizeof(int));
pIndex = pIndex->next_variable; //<===At this point===
snmp_set_var_value(pIndex, (u_char *)& lpIpRangeEntry->index, sizeof(int));
I just started the agent in gdb debugger and 'next' until the line with
the error and ran 'print pIndex' and I got 0x1

Pan