--===============0059407866==

--------------050402080506010804080906

Okay,
I'm not looping, I'm calling the script over and over again from the
python shell.

2nd, I can create up to thousands of rows (Is integer 16 bit or 32
bit?) without activating them if I want (theoretically) until I overlap
the next index or run out of memory. I know for sure that I've done the
this at least 30 times without activating, before with no problem from
other SNMP software, so 10+ shouldn't be a problem.

I have done a little more investigating, and it seems to consistently
fail when I go from a one digit index to two digits. I did this
repeatedly by deleting all the rows after a failure. I'm trying to look
at the string creation part and the hand off to the netsnmp command at
the lower level, and see if something is going wrong. For the life of
me, I can't see why that extra digit is making a difference.

BTW, thanks for all your help and suggestions so far Mike and Dave.

Examples:
#----when it goes from "9" to "13" it bombs.
In [7]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
1
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.1
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.1
('Not Activated',)

In [8]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
3
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.3
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.3
('Not Activated',)

In [9]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
4
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.4
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.4
('Not Activated',)

In [10]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
5
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.5
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.5
('Not Activated',)

In [11]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
6
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.6
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.6
('Not Activated',)

In [12]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
7
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.7
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.7
('Not Activated',)

In [13]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
8
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.8
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.8
('Not Activated',)

In [14]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
9
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.9
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.9
('Not Activated',)

In [15]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
13
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.13
error: set: unknown object ID
(adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.13)adGenEasyBridgeStatu
String.13
error: get: unknown object ID (adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.13)None

In [16]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
14
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.14
error: set: unknown object ID
(adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.14)adGenEasyBridgeStatu
String.14
error: get: unknown object ID (adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.14)None

#---- Here it is again, notice when it hits "10" it bombs"
In [1]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
7
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.7
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.7
('Not Activated',)

In [2]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
8
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.8
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.8
('Not Activated',)

In [3]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
9
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.9
adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.9
('Not Activated',)

In [4]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
10
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.10
error: set: unknown object ID
(adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.10)adGenEasyBridgeStatus
String.10
error: get: unknown object ID (adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.10)None

In [5]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
11
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.11
error: set: unknown object ID
(adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.11)adGenEasyBridgeStatus
String.11
error: get: unknown object ID (adGenEasyBridgeStatusString.11)None

In [6]: run testscript.py
adGenEasyBridgeIndexNext.0
12
adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.12
error: set: unknown object ID
(adGenEasyBridgeRowStatus.12)adGenEasyBridgeStatus
String.12