On 22/01/2008, Mariusz Iwa=F1ski wrote:
> -- cat /proc/diskstats
> there is no such file in my /proc/ directory

OK

> -- cat /proc/partitions , returns:
>
> major minor #blocks name
>
> 22 0 78125000 hdc
> 22 1 2931831 hdc1
> 22 2 11719417 hdc2
> 22 3 1461915 hdc3
> 22 4 62010900 hdc4
> 22 64 78125000 hdd
> 22 65 2931831 hdd1
> 22 66 11719417 hdd2
> 22 67 1461915 hdd3
> 22 68 62010900 hdd4
>
> Is this should look like this ???

Yes.

> I think that in /proc/partitions
> should be more informations .... there is no statistics here. is
> diskio using this file ??? Could that be the problem ???

Hmmm.... possibly.
The output you are seeing here looks similar to my system (Fedora 6).
But I do get information from the /proc/diskstats interface, so the agent
will be using that instead.
Checking the code for the /proc/partitions processing, this does
seem to expect the statistics to be included.

What kernel are you running on your system?

Dave