From: dave.shield@googlemail.com [mailto:dave.shield@googlemail.com] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 4:56 PM
To: Nirmal Choudhary
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: SNMP Walk behaviour

:
> SIP-COMMON-MIB::sipCommonCfgOrganization.1 = STRING: not-present
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> Error in packet.
> Reason: (genError) A general failure occured
> Failed object: SIP-COMMON-MIB::sipCommonMethodStatsInbounds.1."UPDATE"

What is the last object returned before the error?
What does a single "snmpgetnext" on this preceding object report?
What does "snmpgetnext" on sipCommonMethodStatsInbounds report?

The first thing to determine is *exactly* where the problem is being
triggered.
Try to locate the last OID that triggers the problem, and the first one
that
doesn't - even if these don't actually correspond to read MIB objects.

Dave