I register scalars for the following OIDs:
1.3.6.1.4.1.xxx.1.2.1(.0)
1.3.6.1.4.1.xxx.1.2.1.1(.0)
using netsnmp_register_scalar().

After I use snmpget application to retrieve the value for both the OIDs from
the agent. It works good.
When I use snmpwalk application to retrieve objects starting from
1.3.6.1.4.1.xxx, I get only the second OID, as the first isn't present in the
tree processed by the agent.

I suspect that the first scalar OID is in contrast with the second OID because
the first part is the same. Now I think that a node in the tree that has an
instance (subid 0) can't have child nodes.
But I'm not sure and I'd like a confirmation from you, please.

If my hypotesis is correct, I wonder why the second netsnmp_register_scalar()
doesn't complain with an error.