Gentlepeople:

I would like to use snmp traps for a time-intensive application, but
in my test code, if I go through the whole procedure -- snmp_open,
snmp_pdu_create, snmp_add_var several times, snmp_send, snmp_close --
doing it 1,000,000 times takes around 80 seconds, compared to the
competing technology's 8 seconds. I tried taking everything out of my
loop except the snmp_send, but then on the 2nd iteration I got a
bugcheck.

Can a person re-use the same pdu, rather than create a new one for
each snmp_send?

I'd like to get this time down, since the competing technology has
some deficiencies.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rick