creating new user - SNMP

This is a discussion on creating new user - SNMP ; Hi, Am new to snmp. I want to create a new snmp user. When I create a new user, authentication and privacy password will be associated with the user. I want to know where these parameters will be stored? Is ...

  1. creating new user

    Hi,
    Am new to snmp. I want to create a new snmp user. When I create a
    new user, authentication and privacy password will be associated with
    the user. I want to know where these parameters will be stored? Is it
    in the USM table?

    Regards

  2. Re: creating new user

    "ramu" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Am new to snmp. I want to create a new snmp user. When I create a
    > new user, authentication and privacy password will be associated with
    > the user. I want to know where these parameters will be stored? Is it
    > in the USM table?

    You can create your default users in your snmpd.conf or snmptrapd.conf files (see man pages for details).

    If you use SNMPUSM to create your users or to change them, these changes are stored in a kind of 'mirror' file somewhere else. Depending on your SNMP version it is stored in a file under /var/lib/snmp, /var/lib/net-snmp or something like that.

    HTH,

    Karsten.

+ Reply to Thread