--===============0949416401==

------=_Part_7657_8553936.1200369099313

Excuse me,
I have some questions about DISMAN EVENT MIB with TARGET MIB.
I am wondering whether if I miss understanding the usage of these MIBs.

In DISMAN Event MIB's Trigger Table it defines

mteTriggerTargetTag
The description says "The length of 0 indicates the local
system....Otherwise access rights are checked according to the security
parameters resulting from the tag"
Is this means I can use Target Tag to monitor different targets?

And from the beginning of the RFC2981 Event MIB at the part of 3.
Relationship to Other MIBs. It indicates
"The key extension is the ability to allow alarms to be generated for MIB
objects that are on *another* network element"

Is *another* network element means *remote* target?
i.e. I can set up entries in Target MIB with the remote monitored target's
IP address and infos
and set up mteTriggerTargetTag so that the agent can monitor remote agents
objects?

I have tested the EVENT MIB with monitor local agent's objects,and it works
fine,
but I am not sure whether net-snmp 5.4.1 have implemented the function to
monitor the other remote target's objects?
i.e. Agents can use event-mib and target-mib to query other agents objects.

Can net-snmp monitor other agent's object via EVENT-MIB? (not via AgentX and
sub-agent)
If not,it is not implemented or I miss understanding the usage of EVENT MIB?

--
Guan-Hong Chen

[...]

just about anything Open Source.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;164216...et/marketplace