alexus wrote:

> I'm trying to get net-snmp to work on amd64 (FreeBSD-6.2) and I'm
> getting following error:

> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(cversion.o): relocation
> R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile
> with -fPIC
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/local/src/net-snmp-5.4.1/snmplib.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/local/src/net-snmp-5.4.1.

I tried on my FreeBSD/amd64 6-SATBLE, but I can not reproduce this error,
with not configure args.
I guess it is certainly not a relocatable binary with libcrypto.a.
It is very severe whether the library is relocatable or not on FreeBSD/amd64.
Try recompiling ssl libraries in a correct manner.

BTW, why don't you use ports framework ?

Tsurutani Naoki

just about anything Open Source.
Net-snmp-users mailing list