I don't know why you'd say this. Almost anything which supports SNMP supports SNMPv1, and many don't support anything else. SNMPv2c, on the other hand, is a well supported myth. For read-only SNMP, a v1 community named "public" is the de facto standard. You should not support community based writing unless the customer demands it, as it is insecure.

> It is worth mentioning that USM and VACM, which are only available in
> v3,

In net-snmp, VACM works on communities as well as users.

HTH,

Mike