Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your response and suggestion.

I would like to inform that I am trying to learn SNMP form William
Stallings SNMP,SNMPV2,Snmpv3,and RMON 1 and 2. In this book it is
mentioned that noSuchInstance will be put in the value field .But it was
not clear for me that it is a different type it self.

I would earnestly request you to suggest how SNMP can be learned in
better manner.

Regards,
Somenath

>> I would like to verify my understanding.
>> So "noSuchInstance" is a ASN1 type.

>Sort of.
>See RFC 1905, section 3 for the definition of the VarBind structure.
>

>> I would like to know more about how the coding is being done. Could

you