--===============0392077163==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C83649.9BD8252F

=20

Hi All,

=20

I have one basic question regarding SNMPv2 GET response PDU.=20

Suppose manager has queried for 3 attributes say v1, v2, v3, v4=20

Now suppose the response for the attributes are as follows.

=20

V1 success=20

V2 error (No Such instance)

V3 error (No such instance)=20

V4 success=20

Now in response PDU error index will be set to 2. So how manager will
come to know that v2 and v3 has error in response?=20

For v2 the error index is set but how manger will come to know about v3
error?=20

=20

Please provide some inputs.=20

=20

=20

Regards,

Somenath

------_=_NextPart_001_01C83649.9BD8252F

=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =

charset=3Dus-ascii">

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>Hi All,>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>I have one basic question regarding SNMPv2 GET response PDU. =

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>Suppose manager has queried for 3 attributes say v1, v2, v3, v4 =

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>Now suppose the response for the attributes are as =
follows.>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>V1          &nb=
sp; success >>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>V2           =
error (No Such instance)>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>V3           =
error (No such instance) >>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>V4           =
success >>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>Now in response PDU error index will be set to 2. So how manager =
will
come to know that v2 and v3 has error in response? =

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>For v2 the error index is set but how manger will come to know =
about v3
error? >>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>Please provide some inputs. >>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>Regards,>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt'>Somenath>>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C83649.9BD8252F--

from Novell. From the desktop to the data center, Linux is going
mainstream. Let it simplify your IT future.