Re: tools to monitor per-process CPU/memory? - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: tools to monitor per-process CPU/memory? - SNMP ; On 30/10/2007, Les Mikesell wrote: > When I snmpwalk a Linux or Windows host I can see values returned for a > list of proceses... but of course the indexes are likely to change frequently. > > Are there any ...

  1. Re: tools to monitor per-process CPU/memory?

    On 30/10/2007, Les Mikesell wrote:
    > When I snmpwalk a Linux or Windows host I can see values returned for a
    > list of proceses... but of course the indexes are likely to change frequently.
    >
    > Are there any higher level tools that can monitor per-process
    > CPU/memory, etc., given a process name?

    I'm not aware of any such tool.
    It should be fairly straightforward to write something suitable - basically
    running the equivalent of "snmpwalk hrSWRunName" to determine the
    appropriate index(es), followed by a GET request for the corresponding
    performance metrics.

    That would work sensibly as a one-off command.

    For a long-running version, the GET request should probably retrieve
    the name as well as the performance values each time. That could
    then be used to detect when the indexes change.

    Dave

  2. Re: tools to monitor per-process CPU/memory?

    This feature is available in iReasoning's SysUpTime:
    http://www.ireasoning.com/network_monitor.shtml

    Steve