--===============0118678148==

------=_Part_169_31918952.1195215834628

good morning,

My name is Pili and i am a student of Engineering. I have to do a project
about monitoring a network for one subject.. I have been reading about it
and i am considering several monitoring programs, but i understood i have
to install net snmp first, because it is the program which would do the
request to the devices. is that ok?
Well, i have tried to install net SNMP and i am ashamed to say i don't know
how to start. I think i should download the binaries and compile them but i
get a list of them

net-snmp-5.4.1-1.fc6.i386.rpm
Mirror

None net-snmp-5.4.1-3.win32.exe
Mirror

None net-snmp-5.4.1-3.win32.exe.asc
Mirror

None net-snmp-5.4.1-ssl-3.win32.exe
Mirror

None net-snmp-5.4.1-ssl-3.win32.exe.asc
Mirror

None net-snmp-debuginfo-5.4.1-1.fc6.i386.rpm
Mirror

None net-snmp-devel-5.4.1-1.fc6.i386.rpm
Mirror

None net-snmp-perlmods-5.4.1-1.fc6.i386.rpm

Do i have to download everithing? .asc a file in ascii? is it enough to
download the files.rpm? if i work in a Kubuntu operating system i would be
able to open them?

Sorry for disturbing you with so basic questions, but i don't have idea how
to start. I'm not used working over linux, as well as writing in English (
i know you guess it, do you?)

thanks you very much in advance, and sorry if you have difficulties to
understand what i am questing.

best wishes
Pili