> From: net-snmp-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net
> Behalf Of Dave Shield

> > $ snmpwalk -v 3 -u admin -l authPriv -a MD5 -A 12345678
> > -x DES -X 87654321 myhost sysUpTime
> > snmpwalk: Timeout (Sub-id not found: (top) ->sysUpTime)

> I'm beginning to wonder whether the "Sub-id" found message
> might be a red herring.

I'm beginning to think it's not - specifically, was this agent built with SNMPv2-MIB support? Unfortunately I don't know the exact behavior of snmpwalk. PoWah, could you please try the following:

$ snmpgetnext -v 3 -u admin -l authPriv -a MD5 -A 12345678
-x DES -X 87654321 -On myhost .

If the response doesn't start with . (the system group), then try again with . (the snmp group), finally the . (the snmpMIB group). If none of these have objects, then you simply don't have an SNMPv2-MIB as part of your master agent.

Net-snmp-users mailing list