On 15 Nov 2007 09:55:01 -0000, madhan raj wrote:
> 1) I have created an SNMPv3 user ...
> 2) The authentication password which I gave is "abcabcabcabc"

Not a good idea...

> 5) .... I specified only as "abc" in the SNMP-MIB browser. Still I can able
> to access the router from MIB browser.

.... and you've just discovered why!

> I want to know this style of giving password is acceptable or is it a bug?.

This behaviour is a consequence of the algorithm used for converting
the password into the MD5 (or SHA) key. See Appendices A.2.1 and
A.2.2 of the USM specification (RFC 2574).

Simply repeating a pattern within the password will significantly
weaken it. Something such as "abcabcabcabcD" would be better.

Dave