--===============1068341361==

--=_d64f4f478325dc8b437a107e44e4995e

Hi Dave,          I am using net-snmp-5.3.0.1 in my router running in linux platform. While using SNMPv3, I am facing the following problem:1) I have created an SNMPv3 user with authNoPriv as its security level and authentication type as MD52) The authentication password which I gave is \"abcabcabcabc\"3)And, I tried to access the router by a MIB browser4)In MIB browser, I configured the same SNMPv3 user name and authentication protocol.5)But, instead of specifying the authentication password as \"abcabcabc\" I specified only as \"abc\" in the SNMP-MIB browser. Still I can able to access the router from MIB browser. 6)Even if i give the password as \"abcabc\" or \"abcabcabc\" or \"abcabcabcabcabc\" I can do browse the router.I want to know this style of giving password is acceptable or is it a bug?. Can any one help me regarding this?Thanks in advance,Madhan

          =