--===============0229095564==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C82760.BFA96299

I have a problem with re-loading the snmpd.conf config using
update_config() function as it appears to not do any reloading of
config.
If I change the agentaddress config to a different port and then call
update_config(), the old port remains open and the new one is not opened
(as viewed by netstat -uan).=20
I have the netsnmp sub-agent built into my code and I cannot just
terminate the process and re-start it, so I need a method of
re-configuring the agent on the fly.

I have also tried:
snmp_shutdown({name});
shutdown_master_agent();
shutdown_agent();

And then starting up the agent again, but the shutdown crashes when
freeing up it's resources.

My net-snmp version is: 5.3.1

Does anyone know why this function (and effectively -HUP to the snmpd)
no longer works? Did it ever work?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C82760.BFA96299

charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7652.24">
Reloading config with -HUP and update_config does not =<br /> work

I have a problem with re-loading the =
snmpd.conf config using update_config() function as it appears to not do =
any reloading of config.

If I change the agentaddress config to =
a different port and then call update_config(), the old port remains =
open and the new one is not opened (as viewed by netstat -uan). =

I have the netsnmp sub-agent built into =
my code and I cannot just terminate the process and re-start it, so I =
need a method of re-configuring the agent on the fly.

I have also tried:

    =
snmp_shutdown({name});

    =