[ First - *please* don't mail me privately, without copying
any responses to the mailing list. I don't have the time
or inclination to offer private, unpaid, SNMP consultancy.
Keep discussions to the list, where others can both learn
and offer advice. Thanks. ]

On 31/10/2007, Alex Elliott wrote:
> I'm using version 3.1 of bash, which apparently doesn't have rpm. Do you
> know of a substitute that can run an rpm file?

The "rpm" command is related to the Linux distribution you are running,
not the bash shell particularly.

There are a number of different ways of packaging Linux applications.
RPM is the one I'm most familiar with, and is used by RedHat/Fedora
and SuSE at least. I believe that Debian/Ubuntu use a different
mechanism based around "deb" packages.

Which distribution of Linux are you using?
It might be worth checking the Wiki page
to see if your distribution is mentioned there.

Net-snmp-users mailing list