On 31/10/2007, Alex Elliott wrote:
> I downloaded all the binary files from
> http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/download.html, and
> transferred the files to a linux server that I need the service on. However,
> ./configure doesn't do anything.

"configure" is used when compiling the suite from source.
If you've downloaded a binary distribution, then you should
be able to just install it directly.

> Do I need to run one of the exe files? If so, how do I do that on Linux?

For a Linux system, you should download one of the RPM files,
and install it using

rpm -i net-snmp....i386.rpm

The .exe files are Windows binary packages, so won't work under Linux.

Net-snmp-users mailing list