From: net-snmp-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:net-snmp-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Dave
Shield
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 3:14 AM
To: umesh_waghode
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: COUNTER64 handling

On 21/09/2007, umesh_waghode wrote:
> Following does not work with snmp_set_var_typed_value on Windows.

> I am basically trying to send ASN_COUNTER64 type of data as a response to
> snmpget request. At the client side I get error message.
>
> "Error in packet
>
> Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB". For same
> MIB if I send data with some other ASN type, then it works.

What version of SNMP are you using?
SNMPv1, or SNMPv2c/SNMPv3?

Remember that SNMPv1 does not support Counter64 values.

Dave

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.