On 19/07/07, Thomas Anders wrote:
> Livio Zanol Puppim wrote:
> > Everytime I receive a trap the "traphandle" command executes two times.
> >
> > snmptrapd -c /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf -Lf /var/log/trap.log

> Your config file /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf probably gets parsed twice.

That'll be the problem.

The file /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf is probably on the default list
automatically, so by specifying "-c /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf"
explicitly, you'll be reading it in a second time.

Try running the trap receiver using

snmptrapd -Lf /var/log/trap.log

(I don't think you need to fiddle with SNMPCONFPATH either)

Dave