--===============1037743062==

------=_Part_73055_1956277.1184838052543

Hi,

1) I have a table with index specified in the form of strings. I have
two columns in the table whose elements are also strings. In the MIB file I
have defined the syntax of the index as String SIZE(1..32).

2) I used mib2c.iterate.conf for generating the "C" file from the
MIB.

3) I created some rows with string indexes. Later when i request for
a GET operation with the same string as index, the requested oid becomes
table_oid.colum_no.strlen(index).ascii_equivalent_ of_index.
The length of the requested oid is = length of
table_oid + 1(for column_no) + 1(for strlen(index)) + strlen(index).
In netsnmp_table_iterator_helper_handler() funtion of
table_iterator.c build_oid_noalloc() routine constructs the oid of the
requested object in the format
table_oid.colum_no.32.ascii_equivalent_of_index.
Here the built oid length is = length of table_oid
+ 1(for column_no) + 1(for max_size of index string which is 32) +
32(max_size of index string) .

4) Since the requested oid and the built oid differs and also their
length, it doesnot do netsnmp_iterator_remember(). So when my table handler
is invoked netsnmp_extract_iterator_context() returns a null value and hence
my code crashes.

5) If I represent the index in MIB without specifying SIZE(1..32)
and then make a GET request for the object it says "Index out Of Range". So
how can i get rid of these errors and get my code running properly.
--
R.Karthikeyan

"Vision without action is a Daydream. Action without vision is a Nightmare"

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/