We have a problem where we have a machine on 2 LANS and want to monitor
when a LAN goes down via SNMP Get polling.

The machine has two LAN connections and two IP addresses,

When one of the LAN connections ( is broken by removing the
LAN cable from the machine,

times out and fails thus detecting the LAN failure.

snmpget -v2c -c cctv

succeeds thus giving no indication of the fault we were trying to detect.

Why does this occur and is there a solution to make snmpget detect the
failure successfully?

Net-snmp-users mailing list