On 17/07/07, Raymond Pau wrote:
> rwcommunity p
> rocommunity p

Please do not include both "rwcommunity" and "rocommunity" directives
with the same community string.

Granting "read-write" access includes read, so granting "read-only" as
well is unncessary. And it's unclear whether this allows SET requests
or not.

If you want to allow SET requests, then use

rwcommunity p

If you do not want to allow SET requests, then use

rocommunity p

But don't use both.

> # ./snmpd -f -Le
> Encryption support not enabled.
> /usr/local/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 1: Warning: Unknown token: rwcommunity.
> /usr/local/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 2: Warning: Unknown token: rocommunity.

That's why you can't query the agent.
It's not picking up the access control settings.

How was this agent originally compiled?
It looks as if it was stripped down to less than the bare minimum.
I'd say that it's probably not useable in this configuration.
I suspect you will need to re-compile it.

Dave