On 16/07/07, ian@diddams.org.uk wrote:
> I now want to test sending traps to a HP Openview Network Node Manager

What system is the OpenView system running on?
The same server as the SNMP agent, or a different one?

> I can issue commands like
>
> bash-3.00# snmptrap -v 2c -c public localhost "" UCD-SNMP-MIB::ucdStart
> bash-3.00# snmptrap -v 2c -c public localhost "" .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.251.1
> bash-3.00# snmptrap -v 2c -c public localhost "" ucdStart sysContact.0 s
> "Dave"

These are all sending traps to "localhost" ....

> # snmpd.conf
> #
> trapsink msnm2 162
> trap2sink msnm2 162
> informsink msnm2 162

while these send notifications from the agent to the host "msnm2".
Are you running everything on msmn2, or a different system?

(The snmpd.conf setup will also send *three* copies of every trap,
but that's a different matter).

Dave