Eduardo Saavedra Cea wrote:
> I want to receive traps with snmptrapd, but It doesn't work.
> This demon dont print anything to standar out neither to syslog when I
> send the trap whit sendtrap:
> snmptrap -v 1 -c zweicom_notav
> . localhost 6 303 .
> I start with:
> condor:~ # snmptrapd -m all -f -Lo -C -c /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
> NET-SNMP version 5.4
> I know the traps arrive because I try strace:
> condor:~ # strace snmptrapd -m all -f -Lo -C -c /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

What's the content of /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf (a somewhat strange config
file name for snmptrapd, btw) and /etc/hosts.{allow,deny}? If you add
"-d" to the snmptrapd invocation, does it log the incoming packet? Have
you read the "ACCESS CONTROL" section in the snmptrapd manual page?

Thomas Anders (thomas.anders at

This email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Net-snmp-users mailing list