On 12/07/07, Raymond Pau wrote:
> I just took over a custom snmpd running on embedded linux based on net-snmp
> version 5.1.3.
>
> I'm having 2 problems:
> 1. Daemon does not seems to be loading any MIBs module at all;
> 2. Daemon entered an endless loop when processing GETNEXT packet;
>
> Can someone please point me in the right direction to troubleshoot the
> problem.

That log looks as if the agent is being run with full debugging turned on.
This is probably not a good idea, as it typically provides too much information,
and it's difficult to spot the important messages.

How is the agent started up?

If you can start it using the command

snmpd -f -Le

that might provide some useful information.

Is there a file 'snmpd.conf' on the system?
If so, what does it contain?

Dave