Changing "Agent Address" in SNMP v1 traps - SNMP

This is a discussion on Changing "Agent Address" in SNMP v1 traps - SNMP ; This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --===============1249435590== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------000705060608090807070005" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000705060608090807070005 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dear Listers, I have a problem I have been trying to solve for some ...

  1. Changing "Agent Address" in SNMP v1 traps

    --===============1249435590==

    --------------000705060608090807070005

    Dear Listers,

    I have a problem I have been trying to solve for some time now and
    cannot seem to find a solution anywhere...

    Deployed on my servers Redhat with net-snmp-5.1.2-11.EL4.7. All of the
    servers are multi-homed with bond0(10.102.178.12) for data traffic and
    eth2(172.22.11.39) for management traffic.

    The problem is the "agent-addr" field in the SNMP v1 traps. It is
    sending the IP address of the data interface, bond0. This is causing
    issues with the network management software, which cannot associate the
    IP address with a defined management address. After some testing I have
    found that if the bond0 interface is down, then it send the eth2 ip
    address as the "agent-addr". This leads me to believe that the snmpd is
    sending the first active interface configured and up on the box.

    Has anybody had to solve this issue before?
    --
    Dougal Ballantyne
    *Hippotje Limited*

[...]

    http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/

  2. Re: Changing "Agent Address" in SNMP v1 traps

    Hi,

    I have the same issue. How you solve that problem?

    Thanks.
    Tiago

+ Reply to Thread