Hello,

I am trying to compile net-snmp 5.4 from source on an Ubuntu system.

I am using a ./configure line that looks like:
../configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man
--with-persistent-directory=/var/lib/snmp --enable-embedded-perl

When I run make install, the perl modules *always* get put in
/usr/local/lib/perl, and I don't want them there :-) I'd like them to
obey my --prefix settings.

I see that --enable-embedded-perl also forces --with-perl-modules, and
that --with-perl-modules takes an optional =ARGS. Can I do something
with ARGS?

But in a nutshell, how do I tell the perl section where I want the
perl files placed? It seems to completely ignore --prefix (even if I
do something silly like setting --prefix=/foo, the perl modules get
put in /usr/local/lib/perl) so I'm a bit stumped as to what to do.

Thanks!

H.