On 17/04/07, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
> > > Try running the master agent using the flag '-d'.
> > > What do these dumps look like?
> > >
> > > Dave

> > Thanks Dave, here's the log

> Here's another log with NetSNMP 5.4 (the former was 5.2.4)

OK - the output seems consistent between the two.
The bit that I'm concerned about is the following:

> ... Received 68 bytes from Local IPC: /var/run/agentx
> :
> .... 0048: ........ 92 10 00 00 ................
> .... 0064: 00 00 00 00

which *might* be correct (depending on byte ordering),
but....

> ...... Sending 53 bytes to UDP: [127.0.0.1]:32857
> ...... 0032: ........ 46 06 10
> ...... 0048: 92 00 00 00 00

Doesn't feel right to me.

I probably need to sit down with the AgentX and SNMP
specs, and work through exactly how these value
ought to be encoded, and what is going wrong.

But can you please try the same exercise using the
command-line option "-Ddump"

That's similar to '-d', but displays a more detailed
breakdown of the incoming and outgoing PDUs.
(including what the low-level code thinks it's doing!)

The results are much more verbose, so look for
the incoming GET request, and just post the
(incoming) AgentX response, and subsequent
(outgoing) SNMP response.
That should give a bit more info about what
is happening here.

Dave