DisMan Event MIB Problem - SNMP

This is a discussion on DisMan Event MIB Problem - SNMP ; Hi, I am trying to use DisMan Event MIB for generating notifications but keep getting "failed to run mteTrigger query" error. Debugging with snmpd -DdismanEventMIB or snmpd -f -Le -d or /var/log/snmpd.log did not helped much. This is what I ...

  1. DisMan Event MIB Problem

    Hi,

    I am trying to use DisMan Event MIB for generating notifications but keep getting "failed to run mteTrigger query" error.
    Debugging with snmpd -DdismanEventMIB or snmpd -f -Le -d or /var/log/snmpd.log did not helped much.

    This is what I did

    Created a SNMPV3 user as "root" and assigned "rwuser root" in snmpd.conf file.
    I tested this by using "snmpget -v 3 -l authNoPriv -u root -a MD5 -A password 127.0.0.1 variable.0
    SNMPV3 user is created using createUser in /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf
    This worked fine.

    Other configurations which are relevant to DisMan Event MIB in snmpd.conf file in order are:

    master agentx
    agentaddress 127.0.0.1:161
    agentuser root
    agentgroup root
    trapcommunity private
    trapsink 127.0.0.1 private
    authtrapenable 1
    rwuser root
    rouser user
    rocommunity public
    rwcommunity private
    iquerySecName root
    agentSecName root
    monitor -r 60 "DisMan Event Testing" variable == 10

    Net SNMP Version = 5.4

    Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong.

    Thanks in Advance for your help,
    Uday Sorte

  2. Re: DisMan Event MIB Problem

    Does it work fine in net-snmp5.3.2??
    I am not receiving any trap by running the command snmpd -f -Ddisman:event.
    My snmpd.conf configuration like this monitor -r 60 -u sujaypr123 -S -I "DisMan Event Testing" sysServices.0 = 79

    Can anyone help me out??

+ Reply to Thread